Discipline Begins Now

Hello again everyone! I know what you’re thinking, or not. Probably not. I’ll make you think it by saying, “Didn’t you just post a blog like a couple hours ago?” Yes, I did, and here’s why I’m posting this one right now. In the last post I said I would set an alarm for myself to write an entry. Well, I set the alarm for 4PM everyday, so that’s why I’m posting this now. No more screwing around.

The first step in success is the hardest, but if you just keep walking you’ll get there. And, if you stop before you get there it takes longer. That’s obvious. That’s why you need self-discipline. I was lucky enough to have learned this when I was really young. My dad would always say, “Can’t means don’t want to.” Actually, he still says it on occasion. I always hated when he said that, but now, it’s so engrained in my head that it’ll never leave. It works wonderfully with health and exercise. If I’m about to go for a run, but I’m just not feeling it, I say that it’s too hot outside, or my feet hurt so I CAN’T go for a run. My mind won’t let me do that because it knows that I’m just making shitty excuses. CAN’T keeps you from bettering yourself. It holds you back because of fear or doubt. The way to look past CAN’T is to try. Just try and see what happens. You may surprise yourself. You may fail, but at least you can learn from that failure and work towards success. If you keep trying, you can anything.

Some people say that you shouldn’t make outrageous goals that seem too far off from reality. But I say, screw those people. People should dream. Dream as high as your imagination will let you. But, the key is to not rely on that dream. Because that dream is so large it might take a good long while to reach it. You need to stay motivated throughout your journey or you’ll fall off it. I found hat small, everyday goals is what helps for me. When you wake up, make it your goal that day to write at least one page of your story, go to the gym for at least half an hour, or whatever else you want to accomplish. Start small, and eventually you’ll see the goals get bigger and bigger until you’re so close to your goal that you can almost taste it.

I hope this helps a lot of people set up their goals and stay motivated throughout. Good luck to all, and to all a good life.

Comments

Popular Posts

Mental Illnesses Personified

Y2K Bug / New Blog

GOING AWAY PARTY!