Exercise Does a Body Good

Hey there party people! Hope everyone is doing just great today. Let's get right down to it and talk about exercise.

I love to exercise. When I had a gym membership I did it everyday for about an hour and a half, and before that I'd spend twice that time in the gym at my college. Now, though, I don't have access to either of those facilities. Which sucks, but it doesn't mean I can't still try and be healthy. It's just more bodyweight and cardio then lifting weights.

I always try and motivate my friends when they tell me they're too lazy to work out, or they don't know how to get started. I love helping people start their fitness journey. It feels good for me, and I hope it helps them feel better at themselves, too.

And, I don't force people to work out or tell someone that they need to shred some pounds. That's super rude, and there are plenty of times when I go a few days sometimes without doing anything. Staying motivated is hard, and it's so much easier to find any excuse not to do it, but that's why it's important. I like to use the excuse that I haven't written enough today, or I need to spend time reading, or doing my piano lessons; but, contrary to popular belief, there is enough time in the day to do those things AND exercise even a little bit. You just have to make a few small sacrifices to make that time.

The first thing I always get rid of is TV, and that includes youtube, Netflix, Hulu; basically anything that has you sitting on the couch staring at a screen. Firstly, you can watch TV while you're doing your workout in the living room or bedroom if you need to. That's what I do sometimes. I'm borderline addicted to that stupid screen, but I know that it's wasting my days, so I try and fit more important things into that time.

And, if you don't know where to start with your workout: check the internet. There are thousands of different websites that will give you free an easy workouts to do at home if you don't have any weights. Or, a simple walk around the block can do wonders after a while. In my old town there were these two ladies that walked everyday, and they got into crazy shape. It was impressive. Just pop some headphones into your ears, play some tunes; I prefer podcasts or audiobooks, and get moving.

It's never something you look forward to at first, and you won't see much improvement for a few weeks, but don't stress out about the short-term results. The goal should be long-term. At first, your body is getting used to the idea of moving around everyday. Once the gears are greased, that's when the magic starts to happen. But you have to discipline yourself to keep moving. Anyone can do it.

This was a short post, but I hope you all enjoyed this. If anyone has any questions about what workouts to do, or where to look let me know. Happy to help.

See you all tomorrow. Buh-bye 

Comments

Popular Posts

Mental Illnesses Personified

Y2K Bug / New Blog

GOING AWAY PARTY!