Schedules

What's up everybody? Now, I know I said that I wanted to start doing reviews on bad movies, but sadly, that day is not today. I just haven't had time to watch any bad movies. The thing with having a job that's more creative, and not really a 9-5, Monday-Friday job, is that you're really free to work whenever you want. And for me, that's every day.

I have a strict schedule that I try and keep to. Some days are easier than others, but, for the most part, I can finish what I need to. I like to write in the morning. That way I get it done early so I'm free to do other things, and if I put it off until later in the day there's a strong possibility that I'll find a hundred excuses for why I just can't get to it. I also like to read in the morning. Either before or after I write. About fifty pages read is what I like to go for. I also like reading before bed, but recently once I get into bed its no time at all before I fall asleep.

After the reading and writing is done I work out for about an hour. What I do in that workout varies from day to day. Could be a run, or body weight exercises. Sometimes, if I wake up earlier than usual, I'll go for a run before I read or write.

Do you see the pattern? I get the important stuff done first, so that the rest of my day is more or less relaxing. I'm free to do whatever I want. I truly think that's how things should get done. That's how I was taught. Start with the hard stuff, and then the rest is easy. I could nap if I wanted to, or play piano, play some video games, etc. The possibilities are endless!

What kind of schedules do you guys have? I know this wasn't a super exciting topic to discuss, but it's been a long and busy day again, and I opened this post with no idea what I was going to talk about. I just started writing. Not a horrible post, but I should probably get to watching some bad movies. I am still excited doing that. Alright, I'll see you all tomorrow.

Buh-bye

Comments

  1. I’m kind of opposite on this. I like to get all of the easy stuff out of the way first (low-hanging fruit) so when I start the big job I don’t have any distractions. I’m easily distracted though! 🙄

    ReplyDelete
  2. Same, but when I work I try and block everything out until it’s done.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Mental Illnesses Personified

Y2K Bug / New Blog

GOING AWAY PARTY!