New Possible Blog Layout

Alright, I'll be honest with you; I need money. I'm a poor guy in his early 20's who is tired of the normal concept of jobs (9-5, Monday-Friday). I know it sounds lazy, but I enjoy creating things and working for myself. When I work a "normal" or "traditional" job I'm working for someone else. I'm on their time. I can't get anything I want to get done until I get what they want done first. That doesn't sit right with me. But until I can make a living creating I have to be on other people's time.

Luckily, I found a job where I can write every single day. I'm not writing content that I'd love to write about, but at least it pays; not much pay, but pay nonetheless. It's not enough money, so I need to roll up my sleeves and really get to working on other ways to make money. This blog has been extremely helpful for me and my writing. It's kept me on a strict schedule - even it there are times when I just write a quick post because I forget; sorry again - and it's let me write more of what I want to write about. That's why I want to figure out that podcast idea because then I can actually talk about things I find interesting and you can actually hear me get heated in certain discussions.

But, until then, this is my potential money-making platform. And, there are a few things I can do here to get that income flowing. The first, and obvious one is ads.  I know we all hate ads, but let's face it; when you run a URL and need money, it's a simple solution. I'll feel like a sellout, but I don't have the bank account to care that much. You know what I mean?

Another thing I need to do is find that niche that I can fit this blog in. A central topic to latch onto and grow with. I say it all the time on here. I have trouble sometimes thinking of things to talk about. There's hundreds of things to discuss, and I need to narrow my options a little.

So, from looking at the highest viewed posts I've written, and with my own personal favorites, I want to start making this blog for deeper thinking discussions. Space, life & death, morals, stuff like that. I want to dive straight into the abyss and see how deep I can go. You're willing to come along, just promise me you won't run from what you see. It may frighten you, some of the things swimming in that inky blackness: Monsters, dark truths, you may even find yourself down there. Don't run; monsters love a chase, the truth cannot be hid from long, and if it's you you see, “ Follow your inner moonlight; don’t hide the madness.” - Allen Ginsberg

So, I want to know what your opinion is on these things. I'm pretty sure I'll do what I want anyway - it is my blog - but let me know your thoughts anyway. Maybe you have other income ideas that would be useful. What do you think of the new central topic? Are you afraid to search the darkness without a flashlight? It's not a journey for the timid, but I'll take your hand and lead you down the winding steps into madness. Just remember: If you gaze into the abyss long enough, the abyss will gaze back into you. Be sure not to blink.

See you tomorrow. Buh-bye.

Comments

Popular Posts

Mental Illnesses Personified

Y2K Bug / New Blog

GOING AWAY PARTY!