Graphic Content in Fiction

Hey you guys! I’m not feeling the best today, and I was just woken up from my nap by my alarm to write my blog. I have an aching headache and no idea what to write about...

Here’s something: What do you all think about graphic content in fiction? Is there too much? Should it be banned from fiction? I don’t think so. I think graphic content gives a story more realness. Even if it is almost too much to read - like a horrible scene in a horror story. It’s scary because - if done right - it’s believable. Same with showing drugs or extreme language because it’s all recognizable in a strange sense.

That’s one reason why I love Stephen King novels. His characters have this inner thoughts that sound perfectly natural for any real person to think. It’s incredible! To have that kind of insight on how people think and act in any situation you throw them in.

We need to strive to continue pushing the envelope further with our fiction. The minute we stop is the minute we’ve lost to the enemy. I couldn’t tell you who the enemy is exactly, but they are the ones trying to sensor our lives. And it starts with our entertainment. Pay close attention to the things around you, and speak up when the feeling hits you.

I need to call it for now. I apologize for the brief post, but I’ll make it up to you all. See you tomorrow.

Buh-bye.

Comments

Popular Posts

Mental Illnesses Personified

Y2K Bug / New Blog

GOING AWAY PARTY!